Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Oh My English! :)

Aslmualaikum to all the readers out there ^_^Good morning!

This morning i arrived earlier than before because i want to fill up my fuel tank before i go to my office.haha...(so what? show off :P)
Well, back to the main topic above.OH MY ENGLISH! I'm sure most of us already heard the TV PROGRAMME -OH MY ENGLISH (launched by Astro) which will be showing every Sunday at 10am (TVIQ). I'm not gonna talk about the programme actually because i'm not a radio announcer or TV announcer.haha.just kidding. It's just this programme makes me realize the importance of the English Language nowadays. We know that most of the multinational companies, or even the local corporation, will recruit their workers by looking at the way they speak in English as well as their soft skills. If they only can speak well in front of the client or public, but they can't speak in English properly, the employer of the firm will automatically rejected them from being recruited. English is a global language for us. If we go outside our country especially the English speaking country, we must speak in English no matter how bad your English. It's because, now, look...If you don't know where is the public toilet let say in the London City, do you say "Di mana tandas?" right?haha. So you must ask the people in English, except you meet a Malay there, i guess that's your luck. :P
For me, honestly, i'm not a good speaker (I mean in English). Well, since i was child, i did speak a little in English, besides my family at my dad's side is an English speaking family but i seldom met them at that time. I think the English runs through my blood.haha...I'm not good at the English grammar, and not  a good listener in English. I see myself inconsistent when we talk about my performance in English. When i was in primary school, I'm the best student in English competitions,until i moved to secondary school.but then i don't know why in my Form 4, my English performance or level keeps on falling. I still can read and pronounce the words in English fluently, but i  can't speak in a proficient way of English, even my vocabulary was weak. But i managed to get a "B" for my SPM, Alhamdulillaah.
And then, during my university time, My English also was not that good. This is because my confidence level at that time. I'm not confident when talking in front of the public even presenting in front of my fellow friends. (How shame!) But then after i graduated from UiTM, I joined GEMS (Graduate Employability Management Scheme) which fully supported by the government. This programme is for the graduates like me at that time who wants to develop their soft skills as well as developing the confidence in English speaking. There's a lot of Module or classes provided for us in order to equip us with a better knowledge during interviews, even helps us on how to manage a big programme such as Carnival, Executive Dinner, Talent's Day and so all. All of the modules given were taught in English, and we are encouraged to speak in English everyday, if we speak in Bahasa, we will be fined. This 2 months programme helps me a lot. But well, u know, practice makes perfect right? Even u had joined the best programme in the world, but u don't practice, the result will be the same.u can't speak in English fluently (sad).
Opps..that's too much. Sorry, i'm not really good in English and i can't really come out with a boombastic word when writing so i just write here the way i know and let's learn together! Let's practice frequently.:)


 Wasalam. Love always,




 Roxanne ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment