Sunday, August 5, 2012

Harness the power of words

Aslmualaikum to all of you...

I only write here when I have anything to say. But I think that is not enough for me to enhance my way of writing especially in English. Actually I got my entry title above from a book which I bought last year,"AWESOME VOCABULARY by Becky Burckmyer".I tried to pronounce her name correctly without folding my tongue.(just kidding). I'm telling you the same story every time I write here right? Well, it's not that i don't have any idea to write, it's just hard for me to practice and I need a peaceful environment to call for the ideas and points to elaborate. I've been practicing my English through this blog, bought some useful books, novels and speaking English to myself because I can't speak a proper English with my friends. well, actually I can, but the problem is my confidence in English. I always read in English, listening to an English radio station everyday,and the result, I can understand every single word they are talking but, my new problem is I can't apply what I've learnt before. I don't know how to explain but this problem is really disturbing me to perform well in English.

I watched Oh My English this early morning and I found it is really useful for me to watch it every week to detect the common errors when speak in English, such as "PASS UP YOUR HOMEWORK", I just knew that it was wrong to tell your students like that.haha.pity me. Actually, the right word to replace the "PASS UP" is "HAND IN". hoho.Thanks Astro for this spectacular programme for us.

I'm thinking of preparing a title for every post in my blog so that I can practice and can write about anything here, not just saying the same thing which can make the readers bored to death.haha

Ok, I think that's all for today, gonna watch our Badminton star, Dato' Lee Chong Wei to perform with his famous enemy and friend at the same time, Lin Dan, the 1st ranking world badminton player from China.

Yours sincerely,
Roxanne^_^










No comments:

Post a Comment